India Travel Notes no. 4: Driving from Jaipur to Udaipur

We left Jaipur at around 9:30 am. The drive from Jaipur to Udaipur took us around 8 hours with a stopover in Chittorgarh. I was prepared th...

We left Jaipur at around 9:30 am. The drive from Jaipur to Udaipur took us around 8 hours with a stopover in Chittorgarh. I was prepared though, I got my book and my laptop. After six hours, we reached Chittorgarh. 

The kingdom of Chittorgarh lasted from 8th - 16th century. It ended because of a woman, the queen named Pajmina. She was the most beautiful, however like Helen of Troy, her beauty was also the cause of why they got the kingdom into trouble. The enemy asked to see her face, it was forbidden in India at that time, however to avoid being conquered by the enemy, she agreed to show her face. They show her face in a mirror. The enemy thought she’s really beautiful so they wanted to get her. The women don’t want to be dishonored, so they chose to die instead, in fire burning themselves. 










It’s a nice stopover in between drive from Jaipur to Udaipur, and if there is a good hotel here, I would prefer to stay longer, but because we wanted to reach Udaipur at a decent time, we spent only an hour there. Our guide was from the India Tourism Department, I think he was great and had explained the story of Chittorgarh very well. 

We continued our drive for another 2 hours to Udaipur where we were greeted with traffic. In my next post, I will be posting about the romantic Lake City. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram