India Travel Notes no. 3: AMBER FORT & SAREE SHOPPING

Next stop was Amber Fort, where we needed to queue up to ride an elephant. There are many elephants in the area, transferring tourists to t...

Next stop was Amber Fort, where we needed to queue up to ride an elephant. There are many elephants in the area, transferring tourists to the Amber Fort set above. I have a fear of heights that riding elephants however fun, scares me. Hawkers are everywhere and you would just need to ignore them so they would stop. We couldn’t resist having our picture taken, so when Alibaba started taking pictures of us, we just posed around and collected the pictures when we got out. The problem is that the price was raised high, we paid for INR 700 each album containing 8 photos. It should not costs that much but he persists and we were tired of bargaining so we let it go. 













Amber Fort is a touristy place, there’s so much people that it’s impossible to get a photo without people in the background. Upon going down, we took the car which was easier but that was after we grabbed something to eat at the cafe. I had my hazelnut latte, nachos and a quesadilla look a like. 

Afterwards, we went for saree shopping, everything was wonderful that it’s difficult to choose. I got an aqua blue for ate Carla and a red one for ate Doris. I got myself a combination of dark blue and yellow. I don’t know where I would use it, but just in case there was no Indian party I needed to attend, I would use it as a curtain. I also love the pashminas, that I brought one for my Mom and two for me. They definitely costs a lot, one pashmina costs INR 3,000. I know, it’s crazy. I wanted to get more, but maybe there will be other choices in Delhi where we will spend our last day. So let’s leave some money for that. 




After the shopping spree, we then went to Qutab Minar where we saw gigantic instruments mostly for Astrology. This is another fascinating place. Sanjeev explained to us that these instruments are use to also measure the time in the moment. 

Then we covered the City Palace where we saw exhibits of the rajah’s clothes, as well as their portrait. There were no portraits of women as they believed that women are meant to be locked in their room, hidden from the world. (It’s outrageous!) Here, we also got our henna tattoos where Sherman and I both got a peacock. 


That day was too long if you ask me, that I was glad to be with my bed for two hours before heading for grocery shopping and dinner.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram