South Africa Trip Notes: Day 2 South Africa Trip (8 Jun, 2014)

Coffee just make everything better... Sheena and I woke up late for today's morning game drive. After apologizing, we set our wa...

Coffee just make everything better...


Sheena and I woke up late for today's morning game drive. After apologizing, we set our way and start the game drive. The highlight so far is stopping by the nearby pond and we saw zebras drinking, followed by several giraffes. For the first time, I saw how a giraffe drank, it will need to bend its legs to reach the water on the ground. They indeed need to take sometime to refresh themselves as they cannot bend for a long time. At the same time, Ben offered us coffee and delicious cookies. My shivering has lessen leaving the blanket covering only my legs.



The evening game drive has been fabulous. We saw the kill, a leopard, hyena, jackal and more white rhinos. The funny thing was we got stuck and we needed another car to pull us off. We have now moved to Sabi Sands, Kirkman's Camp which is a luxury camp and very English in style. They have a spa, pool, deck. It is not fenced so animals csn just walk in and out. Just a while ago, we saw a buffalo that we started taking pictures of it. Then the security told us not to take pictures in that close range because we will never know how many they are. The buffalo started walking and so we moved forward as well. 

It was also my first time to pee at the back of the bush. Sheena looked out for me and I looked out for her. The lodge has this sanitary bag which has a shovel so we can cover our pee. A few meters away, the jeep was parked under a big tree. There, they offered us drinks where we got a hot chocolate. I wouldn't want to be under the influence of alcohol while we we are driving off the road. It was a bumpy ride but what we saw is of course, worth it. 

For dinner, I have tasted my first codoo. There was no fat. More like beef but a bit sweet. It was very good but we got really full. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram