To South Africa for Philippine Passport

I am going to South Africa in two months and I am excited, yeyyy!!! I can't hardly wait... This is going to be my first trip for this ye...

I am going to South Africa in two months and I am excited, yeyyy!!! I can't hardly wait... This is going to be my first trip for this year. Since January, I have been really busy with work and studies and going to South Africa is an excellent remedy for my tired body and soul. :)


Airline to take:
Traveling from Hong Kong to South Africa, the cheapest way will probably be via Singapore with Singapore Airlines. You can also allow yourself to explore Singapore, stay a day or two or more. I do have 7 hours in transit which is good enough. I will be meeting a friend for breakfast and I can roam around for a while - probably the Marina Bay Sands area or any interesting museums. 

Visa:
And being the responsible traveler that I am, I am now preparing my itinerary and of course, my precious visa! I am holding a Philippine passport so I do need a visa to enter South Africa but I wont need it in Singapore. 

Here are the requirements for applying South Africa visa if you are holding a Philippine passport and living in Hong Kong:
- application form
- 1 passport size photo
- HKID 
- Passport and copy
- Flight itinerary copy
- Proof of accommodation in Hong Kong
- Official leave letter from employer (tourism or business purpose)
- invitation letter (if applicable)
- Yellow fever vaccination if your journey will cover a yellow fever zone
- Cash payment

Address: 
South African Consulate - General
Suite 1906-1908, Central Plaza,
18 Harbour Road, Wanchai

Contact number: 3926 4300
Processing time will be around 5 - 10 working days. 


My itinerary will cover Kruger's National Park, Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, Plettenberg, Knysna, Oudtshoorn, Wineland and Cape Town. I shall post the itinerary soon once completed.
 
Photo from tripadvisor.com

PS: Frankly speaking guys, the closest African feeling I have only experienced is by watching the Disney show of Lion King, so you can imagine how big thing this is for me. Thank you God for creating Africa and for giving me an opportunity to explore it. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram